Pets and Vets as Partners is proud to work with the Almost Home Humane Society as well as My New Cat Rescue to spay and neuter animals preparing to be adopted. Our doctors also provide a free first physical examination to any pet adopted from either of these organizations, provided that appointment is scheduled within the timeline given by the rescue.
If you are looking to add a new pet to your family, there are many great rescue organizations located in our community:
When the time comes to say good-bye to a member of your four-legged family, we understand how difficult that time can be. Our staff is here to help answer any questions you have or just lend an ear. Listed below are resources to help you and your family prepare for the loss of a pet.
- “Dealing with the loss of a pet: A guide to healing pet grief & losing your best friend” by Love Your Life Series
- “Just one more day: A dog lovers guide to quality of life & healing from pet loss” by Geoffrey Bain
- “Precious Companion: A book of comfort & remembrance after the loss of a pet” by Laynee Gilbert
Books Especially for Kids
- “Pet loss & children: Establishing a health foundation” by Cheri Barton Ross
- “Pet loss & children: Helping your child cope with the loss of a pet” by Erainna Winnett
- “Saying goodbye to your pet: Children can learn to cope with pet loss” by Marge Eaton Heegaard
Pets and Vets as Partners carries a variety of Royal Canin Prescription Diets and treats in the hospital, as well as online. If you order pet supplies through our online pharmacy, you will be sent a variety of coupons and promotional deals to take advantage of. If you buy your food in our hospital, check out the following websites for printable coupons!